NBA is about a month away from the start of the 2020-21 season on December 23 (22nd local time, same below). Here, I would like to introduce the schedule for this season.
“KEY DATES” for this season announced by the NBA on November 29 are as follows.
- All dates are in Japan time
2020-21 Season KEY DATES
- December 2-6 : Individual workouts
- December 2-3: Media Week (players and coaches meet using Zoom)
- December 7: Group-by-team Workouts start
- December 12-20: Pre-season games
- December 23-March 6: Regular season first half
- March 6-11: All-star break (all-star games canceled)
- March 12- May 17: Second half of the regular season
- May 14-16: 2020 Hall of Fame Ceremony
- May 19-22: Play-in Tournament
- May 23-July 23: Playoffs & NBA Finals
The important dates at this stage are as described above. This season is a shortened season of 72 games, and the schedule of each team in the first half of the game will be announced soon, and the second half of the game is expected to be announced after the opening. The trade deadline hasn’t been decided yet, but it’s probably before or after the all-star break.
This year’s Basketball Hall of Fame ceremony has been postponed to May next year due to the effects of the new coronavirus. This time it will be held at Mohegan Sun Casino, Connecticut, not Springfield, Massachusetts. Luxurious members such as Kobe Bryant (former Los Angeles Lakers), Tim Duncan (former San Antonio Spurs) and Kevin Garnett (former Minnesota Timberwolves) who died in a helicopter crash at the end of January this year will be inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. Has been decided.